Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: May 9, 2019
Customers shall agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") when using one or more of Shaw + Scott's centrally-hosted software applications and solutions (the "System" or "Systems").
The guidelines and restrictions in this AUP on use of the Systems by a Customer shall apply equally to the Customer's employees and any other person or entity that is provided access to the Systems directly or indirectly by the Customer ("Users"). By using the Systems, the Customer acknowledges that it has read, understood and agrees to comply with the terms of this AUP.
The Customer shall
(i) ensure that its Users comply with the latest version of this AUP and (ii) be responsible for violations of the latest version of this AUP by Customer or its Users.
- Unacceptable Use Shaw + Scott require that all Customers and Users of any of the Systems conduct themselves with respect for others. All Customers and Users may only use the System for lawful purposes. In particular, the System may not be used for the following:
- Abusive Behavior: Do not harass, threaten, or defame any person or entity. Do not contact any person who has requested no further contact. Do not use ethnic or religious slurs against any person or group.
- Privacy: Do not violate the privacy rights of any person. Do not collect or disclose any personal address, social security number, or other personally identifiable information without each holder's written permission. Do not cooperate in or facilitate identity theft
- Intellectual Property: Do not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, including all rights, titles, and interest in and to the Systems. Do not reproduce, publish, or disseminate software, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, articles, or other works of authorship without the written permission of the copyright holder.
- Hacking, Viruses, & Network Attacks: Do not access any computer or communications system without authorization, including the computers used to access the Systems. Do not attempt to access or otherwise interfere with the accounts of other Users of the Systems. Do not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Systems or to breach any security or authentication measures used by the Systems. Do not intentionally distribute a computer virus, launch a denial of service attack, or in any other way attempt to interfere with the functioning of any computer, communications system, or website. Do not interfere with the proper functioning of the Systems including any deliberate attempt to overload the Systems, for example by mail bombing, overloading, spamming, or using flooding techniques. Do not inundate or target the Systems with illegitimate communication requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Spam: Do not transmit or procure the sending of any bulk unsolicited e-mails or unathorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation ("Spam"). Do not facilitate or cooperate in the dissemination of Spam in any way. Do not violate the CAN-Spam Act of 2003.
- Content: Do not publish, send, share, or store materials that:
- are unlawfully pornographic or indecent
- contain or promote extreme acts of violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- are defamatory of any person
- are obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- are likely to deceive any person
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote illegal activity
- are in contempt of court
- are threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- are likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- impersonate any person
- contain a statement which the Customer or User knows or believes, or has reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Reselling: Do not sell the Systems, in whole or in part, to any entity or individual without Shaw + Scott's prior written consent.
- Fraud: Do not issue fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, services, or investments.
Do not mislead anyone about the details or nature of a commercial transaction.
Do not commit fraud in any other way.
- Violations of Law: Do not violate any law.
Consequences of Violation When Shaw + Scott consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, Shaw + Scott may take such action as they deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may result in all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension or termination of the Customer or User's account
Shaw + Scott exclude their liability for all action they may take in response to breaches of this AUP. The actions Shaw + Scott may take are not limited to those described above, and Shaw + Scott may take any other action Shaw + Scott reasonably deem appropriate.
- Amendment of This Policy Shaw + Scott may change this AUP at any time by posting a new version on this page or on a successor page. The new version will become effective on the date it's posted, which will be listed at the top of the page as the new Effective Date.